[protege-discussion] Programmatically override the maximum cardinality for a slot, varying it by Cls

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 19:28:33 PDT 2010

I have a circumstance where different Clses contain the slot 'keyword.' The
keyword slot is of valueType 'String,' with a default maximum cardinality
set to 1.

I have a requirement to vary this cardinality class by class. I am just not
sure how to do this programmatically.

Let's say I have a class 'Article' where I want to set the maximum number of
keywords to 5.

Do I:

   - Get the slot 'keywords' from the cls 'Article', and then set the values
   of keyword's slot named :SLOT-MAXIMUM-CARDINALITY to a Collection containing
   5?
   - Or do I perform some operations using the facets of the slot 'keyword.'
   - Or ...?

I've spent all weekend trying to figure this out and I know I must be
missing something obvious.

Thanks.