[protege-discussion] Heap space and runtime problem

Umut umut0815 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 11:06:12 PDT 2010

Dear all!

Im new to the Protege API and im currently trying to develope an ontology for
Sensor Observation Services.
Theses services can contain several hundred sensors, and this is where the
trouble starts. When I map the Sensor Observation Service into my OWL ontology I
have to create individuals of all sensors and their attributes (~20 per Sensor).
Especially the creating of properties between all the attributes and the sensors
takes a lot of time (30-40min, which is actually not a big problem) and
apparently heap space.
No matter how much I increase the heap space my program crashes when mapping
Sensor Observation Services with more than 300 Sensors.
Is this normal or do I have some unefficient code? If yes, any ideas where I
should check?
Im also open for different solutions to solve the problem :D

Thanks a lot!
Umut