[protege-discussion] Heap space and runtime problem

Umut umut0815 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 11:38:47 PDT 2010

Hey!

Im using Protege 3.x API (also im not quite sure why ;)).
Actually it should be less than 6000 instances, because many of the sensors have
the same attributes. So one instance is linked to more than 1 sensor.
here is a bit of the code:
This is one method to add "observedProperties" to one sensor, all the other
methods are about the same.

private OWLNamedClass observedProperties;
private OWLObjectProperty hasObservedProperty;
observedProperties = owlModel.getOWLNamedClass("om-r:ObservedProperty");
hasObservedProperty = owlModel.getOWLObjectProperty("sos:hasObservedProperty");

    public void addObservedProperty(Sensor sensor){
        ArrayList<OWLIndividual> observedProps = new ArrayList<OWLIndividual>();

        for(int j = 0; j < sensor.getObservedProperties().size();j++){
            observedPropertyIndividual = (OWLIndividual)
owlModel.getSimpleInstance(sensor.getObservedProperties().get(j));
                if(observedPropertyIndividual == null){

observedProps.add(observedProperties.createOWLIndividual(sensor.getObservedProperties().get(j)));

            }else{
                observedProps.add(observedPropertyIndividual);
            }
        }
        sensorIndividual.setPropertyValues(hasObservedProperty, observedProps);
    }

If this is not what you need i´ll be happy to post more code :)
Thanks
bye
umut