[protege-discussion] Programmatically override the maximum cardinality for a slot, varying it by Cls

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Tue Oct 26 04:45:22 PDT 2010

Hi Ron,

I've been doing something similar recently with the Java API to programmatically apply updates to the Class and Slot hierarchy.

I believe that all you need to do is use the method:

 setTemplateSlotMaximumCardinality(Slot slot, int max)

On the Cls class.

e.g.

articleCls = kb.getCls("Article");
keywordSlot = kb.getSlot("keyword");
articleCls.setTemplateSlotMaximumCardinality(keywordSlot, 5);

This is equivalent to editing the slot at the class rather than the top-level in the Protege GUI - which I believe is what you're looking for.
Hope this helps
Regards

Jonathan

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.