[protege-discussion] rdf visualization in protege?

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 26 09:35:26 PDT 2010

On 10/26/2010 06:50 AM, Veronica Joh wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> This is the error message I get when I try to open RDF/XML file on
> protégé.
>
> 1. Exception class edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.ParseException.
>
> Message: Encountered " <SYMBOL_LITERAL> "<rdf:RDF "" at line 1, column 1.
>
> Was expecting one of:
>
> <EOF>
>
>     "(" ...
>
>     ";+" ...
>
>     ";+" ...
>
> Can you please tell me how to load the file in protégé?

This is what I was wondering.  This error has nothing to do with whether
Protege can parse rdf and has to do with Protege not realizing that this
was an rdf file.

I will give you an alternative way of loading the file that should work
better.  In the opening screen click on New Project.   Select the
checkbox at the top ("Create from Existing Sources") select "OWL/RDF
Files" and click "Next".  Then you should be able to use the box with
the plus sign to select your rdf file.  If the extension is rdf you may
need to tell the file browser to look for "Files of Type:"  "All Files"
rather than "*.owl files".

-Timothy