[protege-discussion] Fwd: Need help in Query

Farhana Sarker joyamamun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 03:48:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

Could you please reply me on this?

Thanks
Farhana

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Farhana Sarker <joyamamun at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Subject: Need help in Query
To: protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu

Hello Expert,

I have created an OWL Lite Ontology using Protege-Owl (Protege 3.4.4). I
have also query on my ontology using Protege built-in SPARQL.
I did the following query:

SELECT ?subject  ?object
WHERE {
?subject rdfs:subClassOf ?object.
}

I get the result which is OK. Now I want to filter some specific information
from the result of the above query. I used FILTER option in SPARQL but it
return me NO MATCHES FOUND. BUT in the above query result there is those
information what I was expected to filter.

For your clear understanding I am giving some data from my query result
which is as follows:

Subject                                                        Object
Accreditation                                   influences *some* plagiarism
Accreditation                                   influences *some* Funding
Accreditation                                   influences *some* Tenure
Accreditation                                   Challenges
Funding                                          influences *some*
 plagiarism
Funding                                          influences *some* Research
Funding                                          influences *some* Tenure
Funding                                          Challenges

This is my above query result. Now I just want to filter Accreditation Part.
I like the result only
Accreditation                                   influences *some* plagiarism
Accreditation                                   influences *some* Funding
Accreditation                                   influences *some* Tenure

*Could you please help me by sending the query that will give me the result?
*

For more information about my ontology:
Here, Accreditation is a SUBCLASS of CHALLENGES and influences is OBJECT
PROPERTY and plagiarism,Tenure,Funding,Research are also subclass of
Challenges.
They are connected with SOME value restriction

Please help me.

Thank you
Farhana