[protege-discussion] Fwd: How to save RDF/XML source code?

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 3 09:17:50 PDT 2010

With all the answers, I just wanted to emphasize that this one is
right.  Use File->Save Project or File->Save Project As.   Protege 3
only saves in RDF/XML format.  The reason that it is called a project
rather than just an OWL file is that there are two files.  The .owl
file contains the OWL content and the .pprj file contains some other
information of use to Protege such as how entities should be displayed.

In Protege 4, you still use File->Save File->Save As but it is a bit
different.  Protege 4 can save the owl file in several different OWL
formats and there is a menu that allows you to choose how to save it.

-Timothy