[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4.4 (579) 64-bit max heap size

Len Yabloko protege at ontospace.net
Fri Sep 3 10:57:55 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I am running latest Protege Frames version on Windows 7 64-bit and trying to generate a very large frame ontology by loading data from MySQL database using frame API. I have allocated 6G to jvm and checked Runtime.maxMemory() to verify that is was correctly allocated. But for some reason when memory reaches about 2.5G (according to Windows task manager) it stops allocating and loading slows after about 15,000 frames loaded. I tried launching Protege with -vmargs -Xmx6g using 64-bit jvm, but no luck so far.

Can someone suggest what may be a cause of such behavior?