[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4.4 (579) 64-bit max heap size

Len Yabloko protege at ontospace.net
Fri Sep 3 12:11:58 PDT 2010

Yes, I tried all variations and seems to corrently allocate memory.

I have this code running inside my tab plugin:

public static long test = Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory()/1014;
    static {
    	System.out.println("Total memory : " +test+ " KB");
    }
}

It results in: Total memory : 5515235 KB

Windows 7 task manager show java.exe quickly climing to about 2G and stays there. What could explain this? Do I need a specialy compiled protege.jar?