[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4.4 (579) 64-bit max heap size

Knutson, Stanley sknutson at purisma.com
Fri Sep 3 12:35:47 PDT 2010

How much physical memory do you have?   You can allocate more than
exits, so it just swaps pages in/out.
Disk light on all time after you get to that point is a clear indicator.
I would guess you have only 4gb real memory, so windows can only give
the process about 2.5 to 3gb before it has to swap

- Stanley