[protege-discussion] Homonym relationships

manjula wijewickrema manjula53 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:26:06 PDT 2010

Dear Alex,

Thanks a lot for your effort.

1) I follwed the steps you have given and put just only
"urn:computer_science:ontology" in the "Change entity URI" (after ticking
"Show full IRI"). After completeing these steps, <urn:computer:ontology>
appears in the Class hierarchy. Then I tried to query it (using "DL Query"
tab) by giving the query as "ontology". But the system showed me it as a
wrong query. Then I put my query as <urn:computer:ontology> and the system
allows me to execute it. So what's wrong with this? My intention is to
quering the ontology using basic class names (ex: quering using class name
"ontology" but not any other like "urn:computer:ontology" etc.).

2) Second problem is, say I have done the above process for ontology in
computer_science, then how can I give ontology in philosophy? Do I have to
again define a class called ontology and follow all the steps done in the
previous one?

Thanx again for your kind contribution.

Manjula.