[protege-discussion] Homonym relationships

Alex Shkotin alex.shkotin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:52:39 PDT 2010

Hi Manjula,

Manjula:

> 1) I follwed the steps you have given and put just only
> "urn:computer_science:ontology" in the "Change entity URI" (after ticking
> "Show full IRI"). After completeing these steps, <urn:computer:ontology>
> appears in the Class hierarchy. Then I tried to query it (using "DL Query"
> tab) by giving the query as "ontology". But the system showed me it as a
> wrong query. Then I put my query as <urn:computer:ontology> and the system
> allows me to execute it. So what's wrong with this? My intention is to
> quering the ontology using basic class names (ex: quering using class name
> "ontology" but not any other like "urn:computer:ontology" etc.).
>

> 2) Second problem is, say I have done the above process for ontology in
> computer_science, then how can I give ontology in philosophy? Do I have to
> again define a class called ontology and follow all the steps done in the
> previous one?

Alex:
- create  <urn:philosophy:ontology> class
- define in your ontology class "ontology" as union of urn:computer:ontology
and urn:philosophy:ontology

and if he has assigned some individuals to <urn:computer:ontology> and she
has assigned some individuals to <urn:philosophy:ontology> then your DL
query to your "ontology" should show all of them.

best regards,

Alex