[protege-discussion] Datatype Properties

Julian Vincent j.f.v.vincent at bath.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 09:56:16 PDT 2010

I'm having trouble with attaching numerical values to classes in P4.1.  I want to add an index to each class which I can then use to estimate how similar each class is to a set of criteria, which also define the class.  I have created a Datatype but can't work out how to attach a numerical value to it.  The form I have used is that in the OWL tutorial v. 1.2 (<DatatypeName> some decimal[=0.xxxx]) where xxxx are digits.  This is pretty much what's written in the tutorial text, but doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Julian Vincent