[protege-discussion] Problem in inferrencing

Soha Said sohaelshafey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 23:44:00 PDT 2010

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but I do what you said and after reasoning the object
properties are equal not data properties. Why?
Thanks in advance,
Soha Said.

On Sep 15, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Soha Said wrote:

> Hello,
> I use prot?g? 4.1 beta. I build an ontology "Student" is subclass of
> "Person".
> If I create an instance from each two classes, then properties of
> person instance inherited to student instance:
>
> If "Person_Instance_1":
> Type: Person.
> Name: Chris.
>
> And, "Student_Instance_1":
> Type: Student.
> Adjective: graduate.
>
> I want after inferencing, I can deduce that:
>
> "Student_Instance_1":
> Type: Student.
> Adjective: graduate.
> Name: Chris.
>

> How can I reach this result?

The only way to reach this result is to assert somewhere that

    Person_Instance_1 sameAs Student_Instance_1

You can't get the result you want with inference any other way.  After
all, there can be man instances of Person named "John", "Bill", etc.
who are differentFrom Student_Instance_1.  So you have to tell the
system which instances refer to the same individual.