[protege-discussion] Problem in inferrencing

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 17 10:25:11 PDT 2010

On 09/17/2010 10:05 AM, Soha Said wrote:
> Hello,
> I put some rule says that: if person x ,student y , y is copluar to
> (some relation in my ontology) x, y is nsubj to (some relation in my
> ontology) x then x same as y.
> this rule when applied data properties and object properties must be
> equaled  of x and y.but what happened object properties are equaled
> but data properties are not equaled. why?

Again I have trouble understanding your question.   The rule you
describe  is as follows:

    Person(x)
    Student(y)
    y copluar x
    x nsubj y
    x = y

I am not sure if there are any SWRL constraints  about the conclusion
(x=y) but I will ignore that for the moment.  There are not data
properties in this rule.  In this rule, x and y must be individuals so
the properties, copluar and nsubj,  must be object properties.   I would
have guessed that the x and y are the only variables in this rule so
this rule only applies to people and students.  It cannot be applied to
data properties.

-Timothy