[protege-discussion] Problem in inferrencing

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 17 10:38:25 PDT 2010

Maybe  you are asking whether two individuals that are the same as each
other should have the same inferred object and data property values?
The answer is yes.   What's more - this I wasn't clear on - this is
displayed naturally in the latest Protege.  (I knew  from previous
discussions that data property values can be difficult for a reasoner
to compute but I didn't entirely understand why this was so.)

I created the attached ontology.  In the latest Protege 4.1, I selected
my reasoner (I tried both pellet and HermiT).  I changed the reasoner
preferences (Reasoner->Configure->Displayed Inferences) to display both
object property assertions and data property assertions.   Then in the
individuals tab I selected  the class A and the individual  j.  It then
showed both the inferred data property and inferred object property that
was retrieved from  the same individual i.

-Timothy