[protege-discussion] Problem in inferrencing

Soha Said sohaelshafey at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 07:17:35 PDT 2010

Thanks so much. you got so closed
I do what you said.

now individual  x has data property (name="Chris")
and individual y has data property (age=13)

after they are same the output must be
individual x: name="Chris" and age="13"
and individual y: name="Chris" and age="13"

but what happen not that
still each individual has his own data properties after inferencing
and I adjust preferences of reasoner. I don't know why?

From: Timothy Redmond <tredmond at stanford.edu>

Maybe  you are asking whether two individuals that are the same as each
other should have the same inferred object and data property values?
The answer is yes.  What's more - this I wasn't clear on - this is
displayed naturally in the latest Protege.  (I knew  from previous
discussions that data property values can be difficult for a reasoner
to compute but I didn't entirely understand why this was so.)

I created the attached ontology.  In the latest Protege 4.1, I selected
my reasoner (I tried both pellet and HermiT).  I changed the reasoner
preferences (Reasoner->Configure->Displayed Inferences) to display both
object property assertions and data property assertions.  Then in the
individuals tab I selected  the class A and the individual  j.  It then
showed both the inferred data property and inferred object property that
was retrieved from  the same individual i.

-Timothy