[protege-discussion] Problem in inferrencing

Soha Said sohaelshafey at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 08:22:28 PDT 2010

Hello,

Now,
Individual y with data property name="chris".
And individual x with data property age=13.
And Individual y is same as x.

When I query on dl query tab get the following:
Individuals that have name value "chris" and age value 13.

I got result:
Individual x,
Individual y.

That is good

But what I need in my application, that is when x is same as y
When I open each individual of them, to see all data properties, such that:

Individual x:
Name="chris"
Age=13

Individual y:
Name="chris"
Age=13

But what happen that, when I open each individual I see:

Individual x:
Name="chris"

Individual y:
Age=13

But when I query ontology, I got write results, as I have shown above.

Finally, I want to see all properties in each individual separately and equal,
so that I can delete one and keep the other. And this is a very important issue
in my application.
Also, I need a guide to help me in how to write a rule in protégé 4.1 beta.

I wish that I explain my problem clear now, if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Soha Said

I suspect that  the core issue is what you mean by

> but what happen not that
>
> still each individual has his own data properties after inferencing
>
> and I adjust preferences of reasoner. I don't know why?

The attached ontology seems to be what  you are describing.  In that
ontology a reasoner will infer that x has data property (age=13) and y
has name Chris.  In particular in the latest Protege 4.1 if I

  1. classify the ontology
  2. configure the reasoner (Reasoner->Configure->Displayed Inferences)
      to show "Data Property  Assertions"
  3. go to the Individuals tab and select person and then select x or  y

then I will see  the inferences that you are talking about.

-Timothy