[protege-discussion] Protege Jess-button

csb_tom_new at sina.com csb_tom_new at sina.com
Fri Sep 24 05:37:33 PDT 2010

 Hello, marco.juergens
    Maybe I can give some suggestions.  SWRLTab is part of Protege-OWL, and SWRLJessTab is plugin for SWRLTab. That means if you download protege-owl source , then you will at the same time get SWRLTab. Maybe you need download swrl-jess-bridge source to get the functionality of SWRLJessTab. If you download Protege 3.4 executables, and install the Protege 3.4.4. Through corrent configuration, you  can select SWRLTab. But Jess button will disappear even you select JessTab. Because JessTab is indepedent from SWRLJessTab.
    What you need is Jess.jar which you can downlaod from jess website. You know Jess is not an opensource software. If you use Jess for academic target, then you can apply for one year  free usage, but if you use Jess for commercial target, then you have to pay.
    Please get jess.jar first and put this plugin into file folder "protege 3.4.4/plugins/edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl" where protege is installing package and "protege 3.4.4" is the target installation file folder.  After have done this, Jess button will appear in you SWRLTab Window.
    I will feel happy if I can help you.
                                                        sincerely,
                                                           Tom