[protege-discussion] How to run and debug protege plugins?

csb_tom_new at sina.com csb_tom_new at sina.com
Sat Sep 25 23:28:01 PDT 2010

  Hello, everybody!
  I am developing knowledge base using protege as knowledge management tool.  I take
SWRLJessTab as convertor of "OWL+SWRL-->Jess". In Protege 3.4, OWL+SWRL can be automatically
 converted to Jess facts and rules, but I cannot get Jess scripts which are my research
target.   I need to get Jess scripts first and modify Jess scripts to meet my need. To
achieve this functionality, I need to modify SWRLJessTab source code.  Because SWRLJessTab
is plugin for SWRLTab, which is part of protege-owl, what I need to change is sourcecode of
swrl-jess-bridge .
  I have download swrl-jess-bridge sourcecode with version of 3.4.4 and now I try to modify
this sourcecode.  But in swrl-jess-bridge sourcecode, there is not main function and I don't
know how to set breakpoints and how to debug this sourcecode step by step. I feel buffled
and need your help. Can you tell me how to debug Protege plugins such as swrl-jess-bridge to
add new functionality?
  Thank you very much!
                                                              Tom