[protege-discussion] Collaboration menu missing in protege 3.3.1

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Dec 1 11:30:02 PST 2011

The collaboration menu is not available in version 3.3.1 but the functionality is there - I've used several years ago.
If I remember correctly, you need to turn on Collaborative Protege in the Project properties or similar menu item. When you do this the Collaborative Protege tab appears and most of the collaboration capabilities are available. Take care with the change tracking as in 3.3.1, the Changes Ontology ChAO can only be stored using a file-based project, which means that it is loaded into memory as you work. The changes ontology can get very large very quickly if you have a lot of edits going on and we found that we needed to clear it down frequently.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jonathan

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.