[protege-discussion] Fuzzy

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 8 08:46:35 PST 2011

> Thank u all for ur suggestions.... working with jena as the api would
> be fine for a fuzzy ontology?

The real question here isn't Jena vs. some other api.  It is actually a
language question.  If you can express the fuzzy things that you want in
RDF then Jena, Sesame, TopBraid or any of a number of RDF based tools
will work for you.  If you can express the fuzzy things that you want in
OWL then the OWL api, the Clark-Parsia OWL API and even the RDF APIs can
work for you.

But it is not obvious that fuzzy notions can be expressed in OWL or
RDF.  There are some obvious objections that a good implementation would
have to answer.

-Timothy