[protege-discussion] SPARQL querying in Protege

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Sun Dec 11 00:32:29 PST 2011

Hi Marian,
You have to explicitly define the prefix for the rdf namespace?
Such as:

PREFIX rdf:<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>

and here are some other useful prefix declarations...

PREFIX owl:<http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
PREFIX rdfs:<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>

(this is mentioned even in the WikiPedia entry about SPARQL)

Also, please note that you will need to specifie the full URI (or
prefixed name if you specify a prefix for the Pizza ontology namespace)
of the PizzaToping class. Not to mention that you have a typo in the
Piz*z*aToping name itself.

So I think you are want to write simething like this:

PREFIX rdf:http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
PREFIX pizza:http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza.owl#
SELECT * WHERE { ?p rdf:type pizza:PizzaTopping}

Cheers,
Csongor