[protege-discussion] Minimum Memory Required for a PJVM WebProtege Installation

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:43:22 PDT 2011

Hi Scott,

We have documented the troubleshooting steps on the Protege wiki:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeAdminGuide#Troubleshooting

Please follow them, and let us know if you still have problems. If you
still do, please send the logs as described in the wiki, and tell us if
you are using the local mode or the external server mode.

The memory requirement depends on whether you are running the local or
external server mode, on the size of your ontology and whether you are
using a file or database backend. If you did not get an out of memory
exception, then this is not the cause of your problem.

Tania