[protege-discussion] Configurating and tweaking WebProtege

Restel, Hannes Hannes.Restel at isst.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jun 15 06:58:58 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am new to Protégé - and especially to WebProtege - so I naturally have some questions concerning WebProtege... :)

First of all:
Is there a mailing list or any other community communication channel dedicated to WebProtege alone?
--> I don't want to spam this global Protégé list...

My ultimate goal is to offer a WebProtege to users, so that they can add/edit individuals. They don't need to edit the classes themselves, but only individuals.
So I need to configure/tweak the used tabs (i.e. portlets) a bit. E.g. a user is not allowed to edit the classes tab, but is allowed to add/edit individuals.

Questions:

-          When creating a new instance/"Individual" from a class, how can I edit the related attributes/properties for that individual in a convenient way?

o   The tab/portlet "PropertiesViewPortlet" just shows me the related properties without being able to edit them for the chosen individual

o   The tab/portlet "AllPropertiesPortlet" allows me to add/edit properties, but all existing properties are listed.

o   --> Instead, I only want to edit the related properties..

-          (How) is it possible to show/use the form for a class/instance defined in the Protege Forms tab in webprotege?

-          More to come.. :)

So far..
Thanks a lot,
Hannes

M.Sc. Hannes Restel | Fraunhofer-Institut für Software- und Systemtechnik ISST
Sichere Business IT-Infrastrukturen, Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter
Steinplatz 2, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)30/24 306-324
mailto:hannes.restel at isst.fraunhofer.de
http://www.isst.fraunhofer.de<http://www.isst.fraunhofer.de/>