[protege-discussion] Using the Tutorial: Things don't look right

maroun marouncorbane at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:29:31 PDT 2011

Hi Bruce,

1) Right click doesn’t work in the Frames editor

it is actually not supported.

2) I noticed that tutorial was about Protégé 3.x which might explain the
problems I was having.  So, is there a similar getting started tutorial for
Protégé 4.x?

follow the link below:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CBkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.cs.vt.edu%2F~kafura%2FComputationalThinking%2FClass-Notes%2FTutorial-Highlighted-Day1.pdf&ei=57D9TfXIB4fRsgat4PHwDQ&usg=AFQjCNEbMppDADtIay4-Lmpl40IePMJ23Q

3) Can both versions import existing ontologies/vocabularies?

yes, go to the active ontology panel in the frames editor and click on
import ontology and browse the one you want to import

4)
when done you should have something similar to :
http://protege-ontology-editor-knowledge-acquisition-system.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n3608961/pizza.owl
pizza.owl

Regards,
Maroun