[protege-discussion] Using the Tutorial: Things don't look right

Bruce Whealton bruce at whealton.info
Sun Jun 19 15:11:42 PDT 2011

Hello,
         So, I got the vocabulary named BIO for Biographic information and
imported it into Protégé 3.x.  Strangely it didn't actually import or
include a namespace prefix of bio.  So, I'm a little confused.  If the
vocabulary is defined and available on the web, should I or do I need to
import it to use it?  Or do I just add a namespace prefix which links to the
vocabulary specification?  I thought for the purpose of learning, I would do
something with BIO and REL for relationships and start describing an
ontology and dataset with genealogy information.
I already have foaf that came with Protégé.  So, I'm not sure how best to do
this.
       I noticed there plugin extensions for saving triple stores from the
data that is modeled in Protégé though that may or may not be what the
intention of Protégé was designed to accomplish - to be a RDF store, as it
were.
Thanks,
Bruce