[protege-discussion] Configurating and tweaking WebProtege

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 24 16:19:32 PDT 2011

On 06/24/2011 08:10 AM, Restel, Hannes wrote:

> Hi Tania,
>
> thanks a lot fo your fast and detailed answer.
>
> It helped me a lot! J
>
> Now here's one more question to come:
>
> When using the PropertyFieldPortlet, I don't get the binding right
> between the xml  definition and the classes/slots within my ontology.
>
> For example, in your "configuration_ICD.xml" sample file, you have an
> entry that links to "http://who.int/icd#icdCode". I guess "icdCode"
> refers to a slot in your ontology, whereas the related class or
> individual is derived from the selected class/individual in WebProtege.
>
> How do I define a namespace, such as "http://who.int/icd"?
>
> In my webapp, I want to bind a textfield for a slot named "Actor"..
> How to get the binding right?

The binding has to be to the full name of a property/slot. If you are
using a Frames ontology, then the full name would be "Author" (there are
no namespaces in frames). If you are using an OWL ontology, then you can
get the full name of an ontology (including the namespace) from the
Properties Tab, in the Name field (top field on the right side of the
screen).

If you have troubles with the configuration, you can send it to me, and
I can take a look.

We plan to have a UI way of configuring the PropertyFieldPorltet. I know
it is painful now to do it manually.

Tania