[protege-discussion] Configurating and tweaking WebProtege

Restel, Hannes Hannes.Restel at isst.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jun 28 03:03:41 PDT 2011

Hi,

I successfully established the bindings, so new questions arise :)

1)
I have a three column view:

-          1st  column: classes

-          2nd column: instances of the selected class

-          3rd column: properties of the selected instance --> PropertyFormPortlet
Is there a way to change the displayed PropertyFormPortlet depending on the class of the selected instance?
(The alternative could be to create a tab for each class....)

2)
Here's a more difficult thing:
Is there a way to edit properties of "transitive" instances for a given instance?
Protégé solves this problem by popping up new windows on creation of a referenced class/instance.

Meaning:

1)      I created a new class/instance

2)      I use the form (based on a PropertyFormPortlet) to edit the properties

a.       A property/slot of that instance connects to another class

b.      That transitive class has got properties, too, that I directly want to edit in the current PropertyFormPortlet
Problem is, I can't use "instancetextfield", because

-          no instance of the related class exists yet

-          the instance of the related class uses related classes itself (real transitivity!)
(I could change my ontology to make it more non-transitive, but this violates my idea of view and model)

all the best,
Hannes

M.Sc. Hannes Restel | Fraunhofer-Institut für Software- und Systemtechnik ISST
Sichere Business IT-Infrastrukturen, Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter
Steinplatz 2, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)30/24 306-324