[protege-discussion] Programmatically export taxonomy from protege server

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Jun 30 14:13:47 PDT 2011

Yes there is, but you'll have to write that code as part of a plugin!

I built my own tab widget to do just this on-demand and then send an XML representation of the knowledgebase (borrowing heavily from the Experimental XML format) to a server via HTTP.

I did spend some time reading through the Protege source code - and that's the great thing about open source!

The source code for my widget is available on our enterprise-architecture.org site, if that helps.

There is another way of doing this that avoids writing a plugin and that would be to use the Script Console tab.
You could write some Python / Jython code that uses the export classes that you need and write the results to a file.

Regards

Jonathan

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.