[protege-discussion] Feature request: option to hide deprecated classes in Protege editor

Anna Zhukova zhutchok at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 08:21:53 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a feature request for the Protege editor.
It would be real nice to have an option to hide deprecated
classes/properties/... For example, in the same way as OBO-Edit
<http://oboedit.org/> does for 'is_obsolete' obo tag (adding another
root called 'Obsolete' and showing obsolete terms only there).
It would be even better to have a check box 'hide deprecated classes'
instead:

    * if it is not selected, we'll see the class view, which we have in
      the current Protege version.
    * if it is selected, we see the view, containing only classes, which
      are not deprecated.

It will correspond to the very idea of deprecation: we cannot remove
class (even if we wish to), as someone might  be using it already, but
we can mark it deprecated instead.

Thanks,
Anna