[protege-discussion] Integration of a plug-in in the editor Protege version 3.4.1

chab nasri chabnasri at gmail.com
Sun May 1 23:09:10 PDT 2011

Hello,

2011/4/30 Thomas Russ <tar at isi.edu>

> On Apr 29, 2011, at 1:13 PM, chab nasri wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> 2011/4/28 Thomas Russ <tar at isi.edu>
>>
>> On Apr 27, 2011, at 5:53 PM, chab nasri wrote:
>>
>> Protege reads the set of plugins from the plugins directory.  So you need
>> to make your plugin into a jar file and place it in the Protege plugins
>> directory.  You must have made the MANIFEST.MF file correctly because your
>> plugin is showing up when you run it in eclipse.
>>
>> Il faut que vous avez une correct fichier "plugin.properties".    Peut
>> être avec:
>>
>> plugin.component.count=1
>> plugin.component.name.0=SASO Tab
>> plugin.dependency.count=1
>> plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
>>

>> - How we create the file "plugin.properties" ?
>>

> You can create it with any text editor of your choice.

Yes, I created the file "plugin.properties" and I placed it in the directory
C: \ Program Files \ Protege_3.4.1 \ plugins \ myTabs

>> - What is the content of the file "plugin.properties" knowing my jar file
>> is named "DisplayNameTab.jar"which is placed under the directory C: \
>> Program Files \ Protege_3.4.1 \ plugins \ myTabs ?
>>

> See http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html#plugins
> and http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/PluginDependencies
>

>> - Where exactly you put the file "plugin.properties" ?
>>

> It needs to go into the directory that holds your plugin code.  In your
> case, this would by plugins\myTabs

 Here are the contents of my file "plugin.properties" :

plugin.component.count=1
plugin.component.name.0=DisplayNameTab Tab
plugin.dependency.count=1
plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl

I do not know is that content is correct or not ?
why we add this file ?
It is necessary to add the file "plugin.properties" such as that my plugin
does not depend on other plugins ?

But, I have the same problem when I run Protégé I can not find my plugin
"DisplayNameTab" among the list of existing plugin.

I inform you that I made a simple export my project into a jar file named "
DisplayNameTab" without any additional configuration as described in
the following
link :
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/SetUpEclipseForPlugin

Are there any other configuration to do in my project and which are not
shown in this link ?

Thanks.