[protege-discussion] Reasoning an ontology: jess bridge limitations

Nada Bajnaid nbajnaid at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 01:21:32 PDT 2011

Dear Samson, Timothy

Thanks for your reply. I changed the name but still can not get inferred knowledge in my java code I tried using Jess bridge, creating protegeOWLReasoner but non works. I returned back to my ontology and try the Jess tab when I press OWL + SWRL -> Jess

SWRL rule and relevant OWL knowledge successfully converted to Jess knowledge.
Number of SWRL rules exported to Jess: 9
Number of OWL classes exported to Jess: 58
Number of OWL individuals exported to Jess: 130
Number of OWL axioms exported to Jess: 69
Look at the "Jess Rules" tab for the Jess rules.
Look at the "Imported Jess Classes" tab for the Jess class definitions.
Look at the "Imported Jess Properties" tab for the Jess property assertions.
Look at the "Imported Jess Individuals" tab for the Jess individual assertions.

Press the "Run Jess" button to run the Jess rule engine.

Succesful execution of rule engine.
Number of inferred axioms: 0
Look at the "Inferred Axioms" tab to see the inferred axioms.
Press the "Jess->OWL" button to translate the asserted facts to OWL knowledge.

I attached my owl file it is a simple Software Quality Assurance ontology for learning. Each concept is mapped to a learning object and running the rule engine should creates other RelatedLearningObjects which never happened?!. Would you please check if I did anything wrong

I really appreciate your help