[protege-discussion] Is Oracle backend still supported?

jun.ni at thomsonreuters.com jun.ni at thomsonreuters.com
Mon May 23 11:38:21 PDT 2011

Hi all,

We currently have projects backed by RDFs, but we are bothered by the slow startups and the interrupting save intervals. So we are looking at converting to Oracle db backend.

With some digging to the mail list , I know that Scott provided detailed solutions[1] for 3.4.1 to the issues we encountered, eg, index creation failure due to block size limit, null facet insertion failure. But it seems that the fix no longer works in 3.4.3 [2]. In one of the emails, Timothy  even mentioned that Protégé is no longer tested against Oracle[3]. So my questions are:

1.       Is Oracle still a supported db backend for protégé?

2.       If so, it there a fix for 3.4.6 that works for Oracle? If there is an existing fix, could someone please share it?

3.       If not, what is the recommended db backend for Protégé? Postgresql or MySQL? Which db was Protégé developed against?

Thanks a lot!

Jun

[1] http://protege-ontology-editor-knowledge-acquisition-system.136.n4.nabble.com/Oracle-backend-td21113.html

[2] http://protege-ontology-editor-knowledge-acquisition-system.136.n4.nabble.com/Oracle-backend-td1567198.html#a1574835