[protege-discussion] Panel Session: Update on the IAOA - co-chairs: Dr. Leo Obrst & Professor Michael Gruninger - Thu 2011.05.26

Peter Yim peter.yim at cim3.com
Mon May 23 17:29:11 PDT 2011

Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_05_26

= REMINDER =

Coming up this Thursday, 26-May-2011 at the Ontolog Forum is a panel
session hosted by the International Association for Ontology and its
Application (IAOA). When we will hear from some members of the IAOA
Executive Council, and champions of the upcoming (July, 2011 -
Florence, Italy) first IAOA Summer Institute on Process Ontology.

Session Title: Update on IAOA: You Can Make a Valuable Contribution
Internationally to Ontology and its Applications!

Co-chairs: Dr. Leo Obrst (MITRE) and Professor MichaelGruninger (U of Toronto)

Agenda:

1. Presentation:

*  What is IAOA? (Dr. Nicola Guarino)
*  What has IAOA accomplished the first year? (Professor John Bateman)
*  IAOA Membership, 2010-2011 (Dr. Laure Vieu)
*  FOIS 2010 and FOIS 2012 (Professor MichaelGruninger)
*  Ontology Summit 2011: Making the Case for Ontology (Dr. Leo Obrst)
*  IAOA Summer Institute in Applied Ontology 2011, July 2011
(Professor Werner Kuhn)
*  New Committees, Special Interest Groups (Professor Giancarlo Guizzardi)
*  Future IAOA Activities and Issues, IAOA Advisory Board (Dr. Nicola
Guarino, Professor John Bateman)

2. Interactive segment: expectations and answers - Why should I join
IAOA? (open discussion + Q&A))

3. Conclusion: Summary and Follow-up (NicolaGuarino)

Please refer to the session page for dial-in and other details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_05_26

... RSVP now (if you haven't already) by adding your name to the wiki
(if you are already a member of IAOA or the Ontolog community) or
email me <peter.yim at cim3.com> (off-line, please) to register your
attendance.

for and on behalf of
The IAOA Executive Council