[protege-discussion] Protege on the Amazon Cloud and webstart question

Dennis Pierson Dennis.Pierson at mphasis.com
Fri Nov 4 06:23:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use Protégé 3.4.7 server on the Amazon Cloud, on Ubuntu 10.4. I can use a client on the same cloud instance, but cannot connect from outside. From the error message, it looks like the RMI server is registering the internal cloud URL with the registry, not visible outside the cloud, instead of the DNS URL. Does anyone know how to get this working?

Also, I have not been able to get the WebStart client to connect under any circumstances. The client downloads ok, but complains about networks and ports, even on localhost without a firewall. Does anybody have a jnlp file that works on localhost:8080 using ports 5100 for the registry and 5200 for the server? Would greatly appreciate some help.

Incidentally, should I use 4.x for client-server now?

Thanks,
Dennis Pierson | Senior Architect, Financial Services | M P H A S I S  an HP Company | 460 Park Avenue South, Suite 1101, New York, NY 10016  |  Fax:  (212) 686 2422 | Mobile: (215) 622 1650|  www.mphasis.com<https://usmail1.mphasis.com/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS, its associated companies and/ or its customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster at mphasis.com and delete this mail from your records.