[protege-discussion] Protege on the Amazon Cloud and webstart question

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Fri Nov 4 08:03:29 PDT 2011

I've not tried using Protege with Amazon Cloud but this should work, as it's not that different from having the client and server running on different sides of a firewall. It might be worth looking at the Protege documentation for configuring the firewall
[ http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Client_Server_Tutorial_Advanced#Working_with_Firewalls ] - perhaps there's some additional configuration required to deal with the inside/outside the Cloud. Otherwise, this might be a DNS config issue on your Cloud environment (e.g. it's not allowing requests from outside to be received by the RMI Registry running inside.)

By the way, as I understand it, there is no client-server version for Protege 4. It may be worth having a look at Web Protege, though.

Jonathan

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.