[protege-discussion] Protege on the Amazon Cloud and webstart question

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 4 14:05:29 PDT 2011

I don't know how the Amazon Cloud works in detail but you may get more
information about how things work from reading [1].  In particular it is
quite likely that you actually need to perform "black magic trick #2"
but I don't know how this is set up.  In any case, these pages should
give you a picture of how RMI works and how you can use the

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname

parameter as well.

But you should be warned that several people have tried these techniques
in the past and found them very difficult.  You have to have a detailed
understanding of networks in specifically the network configuration of
the amazon cloud servers to make this work.

-Timothy

[1]http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Client_Server_RMI