[protege-discussion] Very slow project load in Protege client from Protege server

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:45:23 PST 2011

I would add that this issue only turns up when the forms customization
is quite large leading to a very large .pprj project to be transferred
to the client.  We have known for a long time that the initialization of
the forms and other .pprj customization on the client is very slow.
Most of the startup time for the Protege client connecting to the server
is consumed by getting the forms customizations.

I have not started work on this though there is a gforge so this isn't
going away.  So this is also a useful reminder to me to take a look at
this and see if I can make a more efficient version.

-Timothy