[protege-discussion] cardinality restrictions don't work

Victor Mataré matare at lih.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Nov 7 16:17:01 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm using Protégé 4.2.0 Build 249 (also tried some 4.1) and I'm having
problems with cardinality restrictions. Test case is attached. What I'm trying
to do is this:

A Shack is a Building with exactly 1 Room. A House is a Building with at least
2 Rooms.

Building1 hasRoom Room1,

Building2 hasRoom Room2,
Building2 hasRoom Room3.

All individuals are distinct. Now *all* reasoners correctly classify Building2
as a House, but Building1 is never classified as a Shack. Same problem if I
use "max" instead of "exactly". Looks to me like the "max" and "exactly"
restrictions just don't work. Did I overlook some gotcha or is this actually a
bug?

thanks anyway for a great tool...