[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4.7 :: UTF-8 HTML Export from Frames based ontology less than optimal

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 9 17:37:20 PST 2011

Hello Richard,

On 11/8/2011 6:49 PM, Richard MAHONEY wrote:
> This addition resulted in the CJK and Arabic characters making it into the
> HTML output. What it didn't do, unfortunately, was to update the character
> set encoding of the exported HTML files:
>
> They currently read:

> when they should read:

> So to my question ... How is it possible to configure Protege 3.4.7 so that
> the HTML headers are appropriate for UTF-8 output?

I recompiled the standard-extensions library to output the HTML with a
UTF-8 encoding.  You can download a new copy of the JAR file here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/fileshare/mahoney/standard-extensions.jar

Please back-up your current copy (located in
<protege-install-dir>/plugins/edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions),
then replace it with this new version.

Let me know if you get the desired result.

Jennifer