[protege-discussion] import classes from bioportal error

Trish Whetzel plwhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:35:08 PST 2011

A few items I've noticed with the plugin are that after opening Protege to
start building a new ontology, if only the class owl:Thing exists in the
new ontology, the BioPortal panel opens and an ontology to import from can
be selected, however the left-hand side of the panel remains empty. After
one class is added, the tree hierarchy of the imported ontology was
visible. However I was not able to get the plugin to work a second time.
Also, when the tree hierarchy was displayed, the root node terms could not
be expanded using the arrow icons, lower node terms could be expanded.  A
final item I noticed is that some ontologies are listed as 'not
explorable'.. why is this?  Testing with Mac (OS 10.6.8) and Protege
3.4.7.

Trish