[protege-discussion] ChAO slows down Protege Server significantly

Restel, Hannes Hannes.Restel at isst.fraunhofer.de
Tue Nov 15 02:34:36 PST 2011

HI,

I'm using Collaborative Protege in Client Server mode including a ChAO (Change Annotation Ontology).
The ontology itself has got something like 1.5MB, but the ChAO has got around 45MB of file size.
This results the Protégé Clients to freeze regularily, waiting for synchronizing data, I guess.
These freezes occur 2-3 times a minute, each taking around 10seconds..

What exactly happens that makes Protégé so slow?
Is there a workaround, i.e. in the Protégé Server settings? (except emptying the CHaO...)

Thx!

M.Sc. Hannes Restel | Fraunhofer-Institut für Software- und Systemtechnik ISST
Sichere Business IT-Infrastrukturen, Wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiter
Steinplatz 2, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)30/24 306-324
mailto:hannes.restel at isst.fraunhofer.de
http://www.isst.fraunhofer.de