[protege-discussion] ChAO slows down Protege Server significantly

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Tue Nov 15 03:04:45 PST 2011

Hi,

Have you made sure to use a database backend for the changes ontology, annotations-<your project name>.pprj?
If you use a file-based repository for the changes, the server has to perform a timed save of the entire changes ontology and when you get to 45MB this can take a few seconds and freeze the server. However, if you use a database backend for the ChAO, changes are written to the database incrementally and performance will be unaffected by the size of the changes ontology - which can get very large, very quickly!

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project
www.enterprise-architecture.org

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd, Registered in England and Wales: 04097721.
Registered Office: 76 High Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8AQ.