[protege-discussion] Searching for Classes

Can Kahya can_ky at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 06:11:30 PST 2011

Hello,

I am using protege 3.4.7 and I am confused about the search-field in the classes-tab.
There are some classes I just can not find using the search-field. Other classes I find using one part of the name as the search-string (searching with *<partOfName>*) and do not find using another part (for example the classname would be "Services (IT-architecture)" I can find that class searching for *IT-* but can not find it, searching for "Services")... Is there any rule I do not see how to search properly?
The classes I can not find at all are mostly in deeper levels (sub-sub-(sub)-classes of Thing)..
I would greatly appreciate any help on this!
thank you,
Can