[protege-discussion] Protege as core to a software development environment

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:53:03 PST 2011

A while ago I read the Protege Team article Ontology-Driven Software:What
We Learned From Using Ontologies As Infrastructure For Software. I was
wondering if there were any follow-on articles, presentations, or
conference proceedings further detailing this approach.

I am particularly intrigued in the assertion in the abstract that "we show
that it is feasible to describe the structure of the data that drives an
application using anthologies rather than database schemas, which are used
traditionally to store the infrastructure data. We also show that such an
approach provides critical advantages in terms of flexibility and
adaptability of the tool itself. We demonstrate the extensibility of the
approach by enabling representation of views on ontology's and their
corresponding metadata in the same framework."

--
Ron