[protege-discussion] error in opening ontology

Matthew Horridge matthew.horridge at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 28 10:41:09 PST 2011

Hi,

Please post questions about Protege 4 and OWL to the Protege 4 feedback list in future.

I tried to load the ontology that you pointed to but I can't find the import (http://soft.vub.ac.be/platformkit/2010/1/android.owl).   Anyway, I believe that the problem occurs because you have two different files in the imports closure containing ontologies with the same IRI.  i.e. FileA contains ontology X and FileB contains ontology X and they both get imported.  This problem shouldn't actually occur and is due to an issue with the OWL API.  Hopefully it will be fixed sometime in the near future, but for now, would it be possible for you to identify which files contain the problematic ontology?

Cheers,

Matthew