[protege-discussion] Problem with SPARQL query

Khánh Linh linhkid91 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:21:07 PST 2011

Dear all,

I know this maybe a stupid question but I will be very glad if someone help
me with this. I'm absolutely new with Ontology.

Started with Pizza example. I want to list a Pizza that has Tomato Topping.
And I tried this in my Protégé 3.4.7 in the SPARQL Query Panel:

*"PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> *
*PREFIX pizza: <http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza.owl#> *
*SELECT * WHERE { ?p rdf:type pizza:Pizza; pizza:hasTopping ?t. ?t rdf:type
pizza:TomatoTopping }"*

It returns "No matches found".

I don't know why the result is like that. Can you run this query and find
out why it returns null ?

Beside, I also attach the Pizza.owl.pprj file if somebody doesn't have it.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regrads,

Linh Nguyen