[protege-discussion] how can i access ontology from the JADE

chumba86 manoj48x at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 03:19:56 PDT 2012

Hi Fabio Aiub Sperotto,

first of all thank you very much for your reply. i checked your two links.
its really good. thank you for it.

for your first question: NO, this  project doesnt use the mySQl database.
first i created the MySQL database and convert it to the protege - frame
ontology using datamaster. when i convert MySQL database to protege frame
ontology i converted with the MySQL DB data(those are reprsent as instance
in protege ontology).

this project now only JADE <-> Protege Ontology... i used MySQL database for
create protege ontology.

MY Problem is : now i have protege - frame Ontology and JADE system.

my first question is ,
 1. how can i access my protege ontology using a my JADE system.
Note : in your JADE and Ontology link(2nd link) shows jade system use its
own ontology. in here i need to use extrenal ontology.its my protege
ontology.
how to connect those two? any JAVA codes or useful links ??

My Second question is ,

after i connect my protege ontology and JADE system how can i used instance
to process my operations in JADE system. how to manipulate those instances
in protege ontology within JADE system.
any JAVA code or any example of it very useful for this ....

those are my questions. i stuck on this position and still couldn't be able
move froward from this point. so i highly appreciate your support regarding
this matter.