[protege-discussion] Problem with Datamaster and Oracle

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 8 10:37:38 PDT 2012

Hi Marcelo,
I am not an very familiar with Oracle, but I wonder if you used the
right JDBC connection string (called "JDBC URL" in DataMaster) and the
right driver for the version of the database that you are trying to
connect to. I found these pages with a quick Google search, which seem
relevant:
     http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/JDBC
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/index-091264.html
but you may very well know better resources that would help you choose
the right configuration.

Also, I suppose you used "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" (or
"oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver", whichever is specified in the driver's
documentation) as the driver class name. (For more see:
http://www.devx.com/tips/Tip/28818 )

If you tried all this and you still have problems, please let us know:
1) What have you in the "JDBC Driver" field?
2) What have you specified as the JDBC connection string (or if this
information is of sensitive nature, at least what pattern you used)?
3) What message you have received?
4) What exception(s) or messages you see in the Protege console?

Final note: Please make sure that you don't have any leading or trailing
spaces in any of the connection parameters. I am not sure whether or not
DataMaster removes such spaces automatically, and that could cause problems.

Csongor